The Japan Rail Pass allows unlimited travel on the entire nationwide Japan Railway (JR) network, including the Shinkansen (bullet train), JR ferries, and JR buses.
There are two (2) kinds of Japan Rail Passes: Green and Ordinary. The Japan Rail Pass Green is valid in the superior class green cars without additional charges. 7-days, 14-days and 21-days passes are available at the following prices:
JAPAN RAIL PASS
|Type||Duration||Adult||Child (6-11 y/o)|
- Prices are Japanese Yen, and subject to change.
The Japan Rail Pass is available to:
- Tourists visiting Japan from abroad under “temporary visitor” entry status.
- Japanese nationals living in a foreign country for 10 consecutive years or more,
- a) as a permanent resident of that country, or
- b) who is married to a citizen of that country.
How to apply for a Japan Rail Pass:
- Visit to our Calgary office to purchase your JP Pass. We will issue a voucher instantly. No appointment needed. If you live in Edmonton area, order your JR PASS online. –> Online order form
- After arrival in Japan, go to the JR Information and Ticket Office at Narita Airport, or to one of the JR Travel Service Centers, such as Tokyo Station. Exchange your voucher for your Japan Rail Pass; when you fill out the pass application form, specify the first date on which you want to use the pass. Show your passport at the time of exchange.
- Please bring all traveler’s passports (or photos, copies) with you when you come to our office.
- The JR Pass voucher must be exchanged within 3 months from the date of issue.
- Please obtain JR Pass voucher(s) well in advance – we normally issue voucher(s) instantly however we cannot guarantee this. In case of system problems or any other unforeseen events such as power outage, voucher shortage and so on, we have to ask you to come back on a later date.
Conditions and Information:
- A Japan Rail Pass is strictly personal and not transferable.
- Always carry your passport and show it if requested.
- The pass is valid for unlimited travel on the Shinkansen (except “NOZOMI” and “MIZUHO” trains), limited express, ordinary express and local trains on all JR lines. It is valid on local lines of JR bus companies (JR Bus Tohoku, JR Bus Kanto, JR Tokai Bus, West Japan JR Bus Company and Chugoku JR Bus Company) and bus divisions of the JR Hokkaido, JR Shikoku and JR Kyushu, and also on some of the JR highway bus lines on the express highways, as follows:
- Morioka, Hirosaki and Aomori
- Tokyo to Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka and Tuskuba Center
- Nagoya to Kyoto and Osaka
- Osaka to Ochiai Interchange and Fukuchiyama
The pass is also valid for basic fares on the JR ferry between Miyajima and Miyajimaguchi.
- Seat reservations may be made in advance without additional payment; seat availability cannot be guaranteed otherwise. For reservations, you should apply to any Travel Service Center or the *Midori no madoguchi* (Green window) at a JR station.
- If you hold a Japan Rail Pass Ordinary and you want to use a berth or green car seat, you must pay the regular berth or green car charge and the associated limited or ordinary express charge.
- The pass cannot be reissued or refunded if lost or stolen.
- 25% non-refundable once purchased. Refund can be made only at the issuing office.
For further details please check the link as follows: http://www.japanrailpass.net/en/